Powercast wants to solve one of Nintendo Switch’s most frustrating problems
Powercast Debuts Wireless Charging Grips for Nintendo Switch
True Wireless Power
Powercast recognizes there are several alternatives available for powering devices without the use of wires, each with different addressable markets. The alternative methods may seem similar on the surface, however, they offer limited solutions. Powercast is the only company with the technology and component-level products to deliver continuous charging, and provide its capability at a scalable distance.
Principle Limitations of Alternative Technology Performance:
- Requires direct contact or close proximity
- Difficult to integrate moving parts and bulky size
- Inflexible deployment
- Must follow specific handling process
- Generates excess waste
- Other limitations vary by technology type
Powercast Performance Differences:
- Extends product life cycles
- Reduces maintenance requirements
- Easily integrated form factors
- Any-to-Any configuration
- Reduces or eliminates adverse environmental impact
- Multiple power options: continuous, scheduled, on-demand, or passive
Wireless Power / Charging
The development and usage of wireless, portable electronic devices is rapidly expanding. Many of these devices share similar components which have been, or in the future will be, designed and optimized for low power consumption. These components and their suppliers constitute the low power ecosystem, and include components such as:
- Energy harvesting devices (e.g. Powerharvester Receivers)
- Micro-power management
- Low power microcontrollers
- Low power radios (e.g. 802.15.4, ZigBee, ULP WiFi, WirelessHART)
- Solid-state and thin film batteries
Powercast provides a core component in the low power ecosystem. Our energy harvesting and wireless power technologies are embedded in core interoperable components for creating micro-power charging systems. With safe, controllable, and scalable wireless power technology, Powercast’s products provide numerous benefits for micro-power charging systems, including:
- Increases design-in flexibility and benefits: no contacts, no wires, sealable, and submersible
- Promotes a battery-free architecture
- Improves device longevity through maintenance-free operation
Powercast is seeking to continuously add additional collaborations with forward-looking members of the low power ecosystem for expanding product offerings and cross-optimizing components for performance improvements.
Experience the Future
Powercast has development kits available for qualified designers, engineers, product developers and researchers to evaluate and prototype our wireless power technology.
- Self-Discover Wireless Power Technology: Learn about Powercast’s patented wireless technology and all it has to offer.
- Rapidly Prototype into Any Device: Quickly integrate into any prototype device using a plug-n-play solution for remote powering.
- Explore Renewable Energy Possibilities: Expand the possibilities for true wireless power to become a renewable energy source for rechargeable batteries, and other energy storage devices.
Development Kit Options
- Lifetime Power Evaluation and Development Kit: The full kit that includes components for use with rechargeable Alkaline batteries, rechargeable Lithium Ion batteries, and non-battery energy storage (e.g. capacitors). The transmitter and receivers are designed for the 902-928 MHz license-free ISM band.
- Users Manual (PDF)
- Quick Start Guide (PDF)
Contact us to request a quote for a development kit.